1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 3.1 drivers help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shoff, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoff

shoff Thread Starter

I have had to re-format the hard drive and reload windows 3.1 on my daughter's DS386 which had sound system, internal modem, and cd-rom installed after original purchase. Therefore the drivers are no longer on the system. My daughter can't find her diskettes with the drivers on them.
    Can you point me to a way to search for the drivers on the internet and how to search the system for what the hardware type is to do the internet search?
    I will have to search from my computer because with the modem driver not yet installed I can't get to the internet with hers.

Please can you help me?

2. deuce

deuce

You might want to contact the manufacturer of the computer to see if they still have some recovery disks to send you. If they don't, you will need to know the manufactures of all the hardware and download the drivers off their website. Generally you want to use the manufacture's drivers over microsoft's... but the 3.1 installation should find most of the drivers if all the harware is as old as the win3.1... but since it probably won't get all of them, try to find as many of the drivers as possible so you have them handy. :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice