1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Windows 7 64 bit shows red cross on network icon

Discussion in 'Networking' started by zillah, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

Dear folk

My desktop windows 7 64 bit was working fine til I walked up yesterday and there was a red cross on the network icon!!!

Ethernet cable working fine as when i hooked it to my laptop everything is working fine , means problem lies within the desktop and nothing wrong with cable or router port.

Troubleshoot that I had done so far :

Restarted desktop 3 times, uninstalled LAN driver, connected new Ethernet cable

What else I need to check to find out what is going on ?

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You've probably done enough troubleshooting to conclude that the ethernet adapter has died. Get a USB ethernet adapter. Alternatively you could get a PCI ethernet card if you have a spare slot, but a USB one is more convenient and can be used with other laptops and desktops in the future.

3. zillah

zillah Thread Starter

Thanks Terry
    What i did I shutdown desktop and unplug the power cable and waited for a while and now it is working fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,credit goes to JohnC_21 from bleepingcomputer.com

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1208703

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice