1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 64bit memorydump Please help.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ddsnetco, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ddsnetco

ddsnetco Thread Starter

the computer shuts down in middle of playing game.
    I did clean install and still does this.
    Im attaching the dump file.
    Please help me T.T;
    I built the whole new system, so i do not know which hardware is causing the problem.
    but im hoping its the software side...

Attached Files:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. ddsnetco

ddsnetco Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply.

PSU is Corsair 850
    Motherboard is ASUS PSQ
    INTEL Q9400 Quad Duo Processor
    The ram installed on computer is G.Skill Ram 2GB x 4 sticks (F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B) 4-4-4-12

I just updated the DirectX with the link you provided.
    and went to the blue screen again.
    I've attached the last dump file.
    I would appreciate if you can analyse it and see if it was diffrent from before.
    Which software should I get and run to detect any hardware irregularity?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

I'll take a look at the new one.

It would be nice to have a few more (which we may end up getting, unfortunately) since the first 3 were all different. But also because they were all different, the cause could be something more general, like heat or RAM.

Double-check air-flow and fans. If the card is near another card and one can be moved so they are not close, move one. Check your temps in the hardware monitor (if you have one) in BIOS right after a crash while it is still hot and see what it says.

You might check RAM, too.

MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
    Roadkil's RAM Test
    Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)
    Memtest86

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista or 7, tap F8 on boot and choose the memory diagnostic, or if you can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

New one - undetermined cause.

Check everything again. make sure all connections are secure. Reseat RAM sticks and test them (remove 2 at a time and see if you get a crash). Check out the heat situation, too. Sometimes blowing a small fan into the case (toward graphics card, CPU, North Bridge, etc.) will solve a problem which then tells you that heat was the cause.

From the analysis:

1. Run "verifier" from the Start menu and configure it to verify all non-Microsoft drivers, enable standard settings on all unsigned drivers.

2. Enable verification on all drivers. This helps verification of non-Microsoft or other unsigned drivers.

6. ddsnetco

ddsnetco Thread Starter

So far all the hardware is reseated correctly and ram sticks were fine.
    Since it was XFX Radeon 5850 driver from XFX not the ATI, That might have been the problem.
    I try more tests and experiment and post again.

7. ddsnetco

ddsnetco Thread Starter

Everything is checked, air flow checked , ram sticks tested.
    and I did another clean install and got driver from AMD-ATi Directly, and it still gives me blue screen.
    Please have a look at the dump file if you can.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice