1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Acer ...Crashed..can't boot..F8 key not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Notatechie212, Feb 5, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. Notatechie212

Notatechie212 Thread Starter

Acer Aspire 7250 Windows 7. Have no Windows installation disc. PC started freezing up many times,then black screen. Most F keys not working,just beeping. The F2 key gets me into Setup. I am currently in Windows Boot Manager. It says to do 3 steps,first is to install the Windows installation disc,which I do NOT have. Then screen says if NO disc,contact system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance. PC is out of warranty,so would cost to call manufacturer. The last thing on screen is: Info: the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Status 0xc000000f. I used a flash drive a few days ago to try to transfer some files: photos/documents/bookmarks,but didn't transfer everything to flash drive yet. So,would like to try to save PC and files. Haven't tried yet to install files from flash drive on another PC,so not positive files are OK. Also on this PC is a copy of Windows 10 file. I downloaded it a couple of years ago when Microsoft offered it for free,but on 1st attempt,back then, it wouldn't install. Meant to try agin before 1/14/20,the end of Microsoft's Windows 7 support,but didn't. If I can boot up PC I can try again to install Windows 10. Any way to save PC and files? I currently have no income,so can't buy a new PC.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    What is the serial number of the computer?

3. Notatechie212

NXRL6AA002223060E87200

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
  5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I get a "not found" on the serial number, so you may have typed it incorrectly or it's no longer in the Acer database.

What's the exact SNID number on that laptop?

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. Notatechie212

SNID 22302813672

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I can find it on the warranty page but not on the support page... I think it may be too old...

have you tried the link i gave you?

8. Notatechie212

It is old,out of warranty. Haven't tried link yet. I have to check flash drive on this PC and see if the files I tried to move are ok. But,didn't get all files off the Acer before crashed. Not sure if I moved the Windows 10 file to flash drive before crash. Hoping I did and can install on the Acer if can repair it.

9. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  10. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to the SNID number, you have a Acer Aspire 7250 17.3" laptop which came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and this hardware:
    AMD E-450 APU 1.65 GHz dual core processor
    4 GB DDR3-1066 RAM
    320 GB SATA hard drive
    DVD writer disc drive
    AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics
    Realtek high definition audio
    Atheros 802.11b/g/n wireless
    Atheros ethernet
    6-cell 4400mAh Lithium-Ion battery
    65W power adapter

That laptop has a very weak processor and very weak graphics and old hardware.
    Even if you're able to install and activate Windows 10 Home 64-bit in that laptop, I doubt it will run very well.

---------------------------------------------------------------

11. Notatechie212

Thanks for the info.Three reasons I want to get it running. I can't afford to buy new one,recently disabled and no income, it's a 17.3",one I'm using is a 15.6" Lenovo,harder to see,and want to get all files off. I don't care about Windows 10 being installed,but have to since no support for 7.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1239809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice