1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Administrator Account login problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by poorme80, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poorme80

poorme80 Thread Starter

Hi guys, I hope you can help me here.

I loaned my laptop to a friend as i was going on holiday and he's mannged to screw it up big time.

He messed up the profile and changed some stuff around that didn't want to revert back to default. My problem is that he created a new account for me and deleted my original one. Here is the problem. My new account doesn't have Admin priv. I have tried fixing this by attempting to login as the Admin but this doesn't seem to work. I assumed the Admin password would be the same as my original ccount since it didn't ask for a password when i installed the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate).

Now I can installed and software or make any changes to the OS.

Can anyone suggest how I can sort this out without having to reinstall the OS? It tooks me ages to get it the way I wanted. And please don't mention that I should have created an account for him before giving him the laptop.

Thanks.

2. haycg

haycg

As the saying goes live and learn. Did you go to All Programs and make the Install DVD's
    so you can restore your computer back to like factory condition when you bought it ?
    You say:
    ( I assumed the Admin password would be the same as my original account since it didn't ask for a password when i installed the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate).
    I don't understand what your saying here.

If you don't know the password for the Adminstrator and your friend doesn't remember it
    than you can't get into that account. You can get around Windows XP password but
    I've never found a way to get around windows 7 password.
    That being said.
    That information is not allowed to be given out on this forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1006510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice