Windows 7 after Downloading current UPDates, failes to complete intall of updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

diet2001

I keep getting Error message: Install Failure after Windows updates are downloaded and Windows attempts to install those updates.

The download is successfull, however, after Windows 7 attempts to install those updates I get this message:

Configuring Windows Update. Do Not Turn off computer.

After Windows attempts the installations of those updates, I get the following message: Failure configuring Service Pack. Reverting Changes. Error_install_failure (0x80070643).

I contacted Microsoft on the problem via emails....they went through a number of trouble shooting techniques....but after all of their recommendations, all they could tell me was to reinstall Windows 7.

I really would not like to do that. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

I have HP Pavilian dv6-3010 us Entertainment Notebook
Windows7, 64bit syatem, 8 gigabytes of Ram, 320Gig Hard Drive
Thanks
Dieter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online