1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 and Dell V313w Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by barney2, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barney2

barney2 Thread Starter

I have Windows 7 OS and a Dell V313w Printer. The printer is wireless...........I have a message located in the que that I can't get out. Everytime I startup my computer it prints the message in the que. Don't know if the OS has anything to do with it or not. How do I get rid of the message?

Tks,

JS

2. tacoman359

tacoman359

By que I'm guessing you mean queue?

What do you mean by "prints a message"? Do you mean attempts to print a document? Can you tell me the message?

3. barney2

barney2 Thread Starter

I went to print a document and now I can't get it to delete from the queue. Whenever I turn my computer on, the document prints. I've tried to delete it, but forsome reason it won't delete.

4. tacoman359

tacoman359

Try unplugging the power cord from your printer for a couple minutes first.

If that doesn't work hit Start, type "services.msc", hit enter. Go to "Print Spooler", right click on it, and hit stop. Once it's stopped, right click on it again and hit start.

If that still doesn't work then it seems like your computer is just set to print a document every time it starts. Maybe you could check your startup folder or msconfig.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946794