1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 and google chrome

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by slbg1960, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slbg1960

slbg1960 Thread Starter

I have a new emachine desktop with windows 7 and google chrome constantly crashes...It is so annoying!!! I have uninstalled and reinstalled till my head is blue not just my face!!! I have no malware or viruses and I don't really do much with the computer except play some games. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try? oh and I empty the prefetch and %temp% and temp files often...I clear the history...I have malwarebytes and verizon security and advance systemcare...I love my computer and would love to figure out what is wrong.

2. interloper007

interloper007 Banned

I've never liked google chrome, change your browser to something that works.

3. TheStag

TheStag

I'd advise you switch to Mozilla Firefox as your default browser for the moment being. Otherwise, have you tried to switch to an older version of Chrome?
    Thanks to "Pocketsand" over at the Google Chrome fourms, you can get an older version from here:
    http://download.oldapps.com/Chrome/ChromeSetup_172_31.exe
    However, you must first uninstall Chrome and when it asks you if you would like to keep your data allow it.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

When did you get your version of Chrome? Last week there was a new release, fixed something like 16 security vulnerabilities.

5. Hughv

Hughv

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice