Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 7 and Java: Tells Me To Download Update I Already Have

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  DocStrange 
#1 ·
Firstly, I am not currently on the computer this happens with, so I might get certain specifics wrong here and there.

When Java 6.22 came out, I did not want to wait for the day that it scans for Java for my laptop that runs Windows 7, so I went into the Java section of the Control Panel and manually updated to 6.22. However, when that day came around, it told me that there was a new Java to download - the same one I had downloaded a few weeks earlier. Clicking (to get rid of it), it told me something along the lines of "You already have this version of Java, would you like to re-install" (I clicked to re-install it, to shut it up). Now, there's been no problems with Java (hopefully) from that, but I remember that when I manually updated to 6.22 when I did, I accidentally clicked on Update again right after it finished and I got the same program. I believe I have "notify me before downloading" turned on, like is the case with my Windows XP computer

How come once I have the latest Java, when I click update/when the auto Java scheduler day comes around, it doesn't say "You Already Have the Latest Java", but instead "A New Version of Java is found" and then "you already have the latest Java, reinstall?". Is this normal?

My Windows XP computer says something around the lines of "you already have the latest Java" when I try to manually update.

Note that I have not updated to Java 6.23. I will instead wait for it to automatically tell me to update to it come early January. I suspect that it isn't too critical. My XP system won't find 6.23 when I press to manually update, but might when my automatic scheduler comes around in a few days.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.