Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2. Domain issues?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kenster102.5

For some reason, I am not able to add my Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit Machine to my Windows Server 2008 R2 machine. I am very new to this, but Active Directory is enabled and I have created a local FTP on the server, and I added Windows 7 Server Management console to the Windows 7 machine.

My domain name is kirves.domain, is this too long? I also added the IP config manually to both machines. Both are using the same DNS and Alternative DNS IP. The IP is not controlled by me so much, it is more controlled by the ISP.

So I can see both machine on the network, I can PING the server from the Windows 7 machine using the IP and DNS IP. But I cannot add the Domain to the Window 7 machine.
I did or I think I did correctly put the Windows 7 machine in the Group Policy.
So what am I doing wrong? It shouldn't be this hard.
Thanks
Ken

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online