Windows 7 and WMP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jperrin83

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've done some research and can't seem to find an answer. I used to have a laptop with windows vista on it. At night, I would either play a long playlist of music or videos as I slept. When the playlist was over, my laptop would enter a power save setting and the screen would turn off. It was set to turn off in 10 minutes, but as long as WMP was actively playing something it stayed on. I liked this setting. Now I've recently bought a new laptop with windows 7. I try to do the same thing, but the laptop screen never turns off as long as WMP is opened. After the playlist, it goes to a screen that has replay and library options. My question is...is there anyway to make WMP act like it did when I was running vista? Thank you so much.

antech

Banned
It was NOT THE WMP acting but it were the Power Options Themselves.

i agree with antech here. have you tried the power setting in wmp ? i dont know if it even has one and i run win7. really hate wmp12 and have tried and tried to get wmp11 back to no avail. double check all the power settings you can find. let us know what happens

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online