windows 7 backup - can't set up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ruggb

when i try to open windows 7 backup to configure it, it exits and opens a windows explorer window.
I can't set it up.
WHY?????????

Are you trying to do a full system backup? If so, you may prfer one of these tools:

Free drive backup software (imaging, cloning, and archiving):

Paragon Backup & Recovery (Recovery boot CD or USB key)
Macrium Reflect (Free)
O&O Disk Image Express
Easeus Todo Backup
Redo Backup & Recovery (Boot CD)
Comodo Time Machine (Complete system, files, programs, and settings restoration, but not "bare-metal" for failed drive)
Clonezilla Live (A bootable CD of Debian with Clonezilla.)
Drive Image XML
PING (Partimage is not Ghost) (Boot CD with option Clam Antivirus)
Partition Saving
Clonezilla

There are also many commercial products with more features.

ruggb

NO, I want to figure out why there is an issue with the system. If backup exits and I get a WE window instead of the config window and I can't configure backup then what do I have to do to make it work again????????

ruggb

it is W7-HP and I need to chk if the srv is running.
not near the system now.

thx

What edition of Windows 7? Windows 7 comes in 7 editions, too.

What backup are you trying to use? Are you trying to make a disk image? How are you accessing it?

ruggb

isn't HP an edition?

Like S, B, H, HP, P, U - OK what's the 7th - E?

Are we going backwards? This thread is about Windows 7 Backup.

I can't do anything if I can't get to the setup wizard - What are u thinking?

TerryNet

Terry
HP makes computers, as well as other things. Windows 7 editions are Ultimate, Professional, Home Premium, and a few more.

What are u thinking?
I'm thinking that you may not be the least bit serious about getting help for your issue. Elvandil is not on site and has to rely on you to provide information that may give clues to the cause and possible fix.

isn't HP an edition?

Like S, B, H, HP, P, U - OK what's the 7th - E?

Are we going backwards? This thread is about Windows 7 Backup.

I can't do anything if I can't get to the setup wizard - What are u thinking?
It would help if you didn't use a secret language. HP can be Hewlett-Packard, too.

"Windows Backup" does not tell us exactly what type of backup you want to make, either, or whether your edition is even capable of it.

Good luck.

ruggb

the question was what version of windows 7 -> HP then has nothing to do with HP the company.

the original post also stated that i could not enter the W7 backup program to configure a backup -
if I can't do that then what difference does it make what KIND of backup I want to make?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online