windows 7 beta.iso becomes .aspx using flashget

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dontdo_that

Hello everyone,

I am trying to download the Windows 7 beta x64 from Microsoft's official website. See: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

I am also trying to use flashget because the first time I tried to download the file, it stopped at 3.10GB of 3.15GB, so close!! and I couldn't get it to resume.. I was just using the firefox download manager with no add-ons, so it saved it as a .part file. At this point I learned I needed to start using a reliable download manager that can resume downloads. If anyone can tell me how to resume that .part file, that would also solve my problem...

For some reason every time I click on download, flashget saves the file as a .aspx file. The download completes successfully, but its a .aspx file and in the comments section it says the proper file name: 7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.iso
The file is also the proper size.. 3.15GB.

So is the .iso hidden somewhere? When I use the option to rename the file using the comment, it renames it to 7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.iso.aspx !

What do I do to access this .iso?

Thanks

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
When you rename it you need to have the file extension showing when you rename it. This is a folder options setting. Windows will probably then warn you of changing the file extension of the file after you change that setting.

dontdo_that

I tried to use flashget to rename the file. It has a feature where you can rename the file using the info in the comments box. The name in the comments box is correct, its a .iso file, but when it actually does the renaming, the file remains a .aspx file. Is it as simple as renaming the file manually?

It won't do you much good to rename it if it is incomplete. I've had some luck transferring partial downloads from one manager to another by changing the file ending to whatever is used by the second manager. But only some will allow this.

There are pleny of free download managers at freeware sites. I used to use FlashGet, but anti-malware apps kept targeting it. It also created 100's of registry entries. So I switched to Internet Download Manager. That one intercalates itself into the connection LSP's and intercepts downloads for all browsers and applications (if you want it to).

Some of the free ones may allow you to resume that download. Install the manager, start the download, find the partial, and replace it with yours (with the manager shut down, of course). It may pick it up as almost done. If not, try a different manager. It can be done.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online