1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Biometrics/Fingerprint Logon

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by alphanuke, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alphanuke

alphanuke Thread Starter

Ok...I have a Lenovo ThinkPad W500 notebook running Windows 7 64bit. It has an integrated fingerprint reader which uses AuthenTec TrueSuite. MY PROBLEM IS NOT WITH THE FINGERPRINT READER HARDWARE, as it has the latest drivers and is detected by Windows. I am even able to register my fingerprint via Biometrics in the Control Panel. However, when I go to log into WIndows on a fresh startup, the option for fingerprint logon DOES NOT DISPLAY and there is no "Other Credentials" button that would allow me to navigate to the fingerprint logon. Here's the strange thing- if I do a simple logoff (without shutting down) then the fingerprint option appears on the logon screen and I can log in using my fingerprint. It is only when I power on the computer and first log in to Windows that I encounter this problem. Please help, as this used to not be a problem but suddenly started occurring, and I like using my fingerprint to log in.

Thanks,
    Adam :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice