1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Bluetooth disapeared?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lrobinson90, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lrobinson90

lrobinson90 Thread Starter

I bought the new Samsung computer that came with Windows 7 and BLUETOOTH. After getting the updates, the bluetooth is not working and saying there is no connection for it. It was working before the updates as I was using it. What is going on? Please help me fix this!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is the Bluetooth Support service running?

3. lrobinson90

I dont believe so..

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Can you start it?

Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services
    or
    Start > Run: services.msc

5. lrobinson90

When I try to start it, it says that I need to make sure my Bluetooth Radio is connected. Then, I go into Bluetooth Settings and check the box for ALLOW OTHER DEVICES TO FIND THIS COMPUTER and I click APPLY. Then the message comes up, "The device is unplugged"

6. lrobinson90

Sorry! Yes, I am in that.. it is started. I have it up!

7. lrobinson90

In saying that, I have the application up, not bluetooth yet.. still trying to figure that out.. :(

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

Good luck.

9. lrobinson90

do you know what i should do from that? I restart it, but nothing happens..

10. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it running?

I don't know what you are trying to do. Have you installed some program that uses BT? Do you have a BlueTooth receiver on your machine? Do you see it in Device Manager?

11. lrobinson90

It says that it is there, I am thinking it is not running because it says it is not installed. When I bought my computer 2 weeks ago, I was able to send files and recieve files from my computer or to my computer and now, it wont let me.. I am trying to get it working again and I dont know how.. It is in device manager yes..

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

"It" says it is not installed? What is "it"?

13. lrobinson90

Going into Bluetooth File Transfer, which was put on my desktop when I bought the computer. I click 'Open'. I have two options. Send Files/Recieve Files. I click on 'Recieve Files'. A pop up window then comes up saying, "Windoes was unable to transfer some files. The file could not be sent because the connection cold not be established. Check to make sure the Bluetooth radio is plugged in."

14. Elvandil

Elvandil

Then it has not discovered your BlueTooth device. You need to make it discoverable for a minute so that Windows can find it.

15. lrobinson90

Alright, so in that case, I did the following which brings me back to..

Control Panel>Devices and Printers>Right-Click LAURA-PC (My computer)>Bluetooth Settings

There is a box that is unchecked under Discovery saying: Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer. I click it and press APPLY and this box came up with these words.. " An error occured while Windows was saving your settings. The bluetooth device might be unplugged. The following settings were not saved...Discoverability Settings, Connectivity settings.."

Now I dont know where to go..

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice