Solved Windows 7 checking for updates stuck forever

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Musician.ROG

I did a fresh install of windows 7 SP 1 and then tried to check for updates manually. It is stuck at checking for updates and consuming high CPU power and nothing is being downloaded as seen in network stats. I tried Microsoft update troubleshooter to resolve problem but nothing happened.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Go here and read post #10.
Those steps have worked well for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I too have this problem with a new install. I had to replace the hard drive and although the install of Windows 7 was fine, and I was able to get Explorer 11 with it's updates on board, the updates that should be needed are not found yet.

Musician.ROG

Thanks Guys

But only the frank's post worked well for me

Steps:
1. Previously installed windows 7 Sp1 x64 bit or you can also try new installation
2. All device drivers are installed properly
3. Set windows update to never check for updates
4. Install internet explorer 11 x64 bit
5. Install the Internet Explorer 11 update x64 bit (KB3154070).
6. Install .NET Framework 4.5.2 and .NET Framework 4.6.1
7. Install windows update agent x64 bit (KB3138612)
8. Restart
9. Manually check for updates
10. You'll get the required update list (10 - 30 minute of waiting) and after updating reboot
11. Again check for updates you will get some more updates and after installation reboot again
12. Your system is fully updated :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Thanks Guys

But only the frank's post worked well for me
I'm glad to hear those steps worked for you. (y)
You're welcome. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online