1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Clean Install Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DinoWicks, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DinoWicks

DinoWicks Thread Starter

My computer is exhibiting many issues. After a lot of diagnosis I decided to do a clean windows 7 install. i downloaded the disk image file from MS with the product key (several phone calls later) and i burned the file onto a DVD. I set my laptop up to boot from the DVD, however, it only brings up the windows repair screen and asks for a repair disk and then does the normal windows start-up as opposed to the Windows Install. for some reason, it is not reading the disk image file on my DVD. This could all be part and parcel to the issues the computer is having. Is there anyway to force a boot from the DVD so the image will work?

2. Sponsor

3. DinoWicks

DinoWicks Thread Starter

Just an update, i have tried it on a DVD on the internal DVD, an external DVD via USB, and a USB Stick and it will not read any of them.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Did you simply burn (copy the file as data) the .iso to the DVD, or did you create a bootable Windows installation DVD? Same question for the "USB Stick." You need the latter.

If the computer does to boot from the DVD I assume you get the brief "press any key to boot from CD" message.

5. DinoWicks

DinoWicks Thread Starter

I just burned the .ISO file to a DVD. there were no instructions beyond that. Is there something I should do in burning a new DVD? Thanks for the reply

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Double click on the .iso. If I remember correctly Windows 7 will give you the ability to create a bootable DVD. If not, Rufus should work.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1183755