Windows 7 CPU and RAM usage nearly max!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Snamble

Hi,my windows 7 Premium 2 Gb presario C61 is nearly maxed out and lags from time to time,any info would be greatly appreciated :)

dai

check your temperatures

what are you doing when it slows down

Snamble

Dai...How do i check the temp?

Foxdrive...i have add ram but to no avail,yes the cpu spikes to 100 percent quite frequently :/

Thanks for the reply,mucho appreciated :)

foxidrive

Banned
PC Wizard has temp reading features, of CPU and GPU, HDD etc.

As for the CPU spiking - can you use task manager and let it list all the processes, and then sort by CPU percentage column. Watch the tasks and see which ones are using all the CPU and how much.

Also sort by the ram column and see which processes are using the most ram, and how much.

foxidrive

Banned
I see too that your machine is a notebook. Set it to the high performance power profile for the test in the post above.

If you use it for mobile use then you can set it back to balanced power profile later.

Snamble

where would i find pc wizard,i have windows 7,its probably called something else...and yes there are loads of processes happening,what do? thanks again:)

Snamble

Yes i already have it on high performance,and its still lagging and glitching :/

foxidrive

Banned
where would i find pc wizard,
and yes there are loads of processes happening,what do? thanks again:)
Here is PC Wizard - it's a free tool.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard.html

The processes have an exe name in the left hand column, Look for the ones that take the most CPU time when you sort by that column (click the top of the column, and again to sort it to the top).

Tell us those exe names or google for them to find out what they are.

valis

what are you doing when it slows down
Not idle; when it bogs down. Are you checking task manager as it bogs down to see what process is chewing up your resources?

Snamble

Ok foxidrive heres the processes exes....

Firefox
superanti spyware
Flash plugin
explorer
sidebar
pc wizard
plugin container
avast UI
csrss
taskhost
Flashplugin
taskhost
taskmgr
winlogin
dxm
atieclxx

and thats processes for all users and cpu temp is between 85c and 90c

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online