1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved windows 7 crashing, blue screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Grifkilla51, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Grifkilla51

Grifkilla51 Thread Starter

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/91erd5/windows_7_computer_crash_blue_screen/
    shows the errors and system specs.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 7/23/2018, 23:49:37
    Machine name: GRIF-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.180608-0600)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/14/11 16:10:38 Ver: 08.00.15
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Page File: 5326MB used, 27438MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

i do have it over clocked but i have tested it both ways.

Attached Files:

2. Grifkilla51

i have used the windows memory diag function. checked all my hard drives and used the sfc /scannow functions. they have not shown any information. this is a fresh install of windows.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, post your specs here. Most people do not like to click on an unknown link.
    This is pretty much useless; use memtest to test your memory.
    What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? Since I have no idea what motherboard you are running, I do not know if there is purpose designed monitoring software. Quality board mfgs like asus, gigabyte, or asrock have monitoring software.
    Post these values twice; once under a normal load and while running a stress test ie prime95, OCCT, Intel burn test, whatever. Let the stress test run for at least 2min to stabilize temps and voltages.

Before doing any testing, clear cmos and return all settings to stock.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I will try and check this in the morning however I have a number of errands to run tomorrow.

5. Grifkilla51

• processor: AMD phenom 2 x6 processor 3.2 GHz
    • mobo: asus M4N98TD evo
    • GPU AMD radeon HD 7950
    • RAM 16 gigs
    • H100i v2 liquid cpu cooler
    i have now reset cmos to default settings.
    here are the stats under load and normal.

i could only get it to last around 30 seconds before it locked up like its been doing. its ether lock up or blue screen. i used prime 95 with the blend option.

Attached Files:

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are not showing the 12V rail. I checked the support page for that board and that has to be one of the very few asus boards that do not have monitoring software. Try using something like HWinfo64. That should give you better data.
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
    Did you test the memory with memtest?

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Well, now I am perplexed. The manual for your motherboard lists asus probe [monitoring software] however it is not listed on the support page. If you have probe on the support dvd, install it. That will give you much better data than any third party program. Again, the support page says probe is not available and the manual says it is....

8. Grifkilla51

okay i have hwinfo installed.
    i do not however have the software that came with the mobo any longer.
    this test with hwi ran for around 30 seconds with prime95 running. any longer and it may crash.
    i have used mdsched.exe to test the memory.

Attached Files:

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First use memtest to test memory. This runs from bootable media and removes windows from the issue. Test memory for a minimum of 1hr. If there are no errors, it is fine.

Next you need to see the voltages. Your screenshot is simply of the program opening. You need to close the summary and click [I think] sensors. That should show the voltages. I almost never use a third party program and it has been a LONG time since I had to use hwinfo64 so you might have to look around to find the relevant info. In any case, once you find the voltage display, run the stress test and post the screenshot showing temps and voltages. This may require two screenshots.

If it will not run prime95 for more than 30 seconds, you probably have a hardware problem/failure however the only way to find out is to test.

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I will be OFF for the rest of the night and I will check this in the morning. Good luck.

11. Grifkilla51

alright sorry about that. i have now tested with temps and sensors. under load. i will test memory after that. thanks for the help so far.

Attached Files:

12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Your temps and voltages look ok. Since this is a clean install of windows, you most likely have some hardware problem. IF your memory passes memtest, I would look at the motherboard. I was NEVER a fan of the nforce chipset boards; the fx990 boards were much better.
    One last test you could do would be to boot the system with a linux live usb/dvd. Run the linux version of prime95; if it locks up under linux, you know you have a hardware problem/failure.

13. Grifkilla51

alright. my memory did pass the test. it ran for and one hour and twenty three minutes. you dont think it could be the processor? since prime 95 is testing that and thats when it locks up after like 30 seconds? i will test linux live usb.

14. Grifkilla51

if it does lock up under linux. what should i swap out ? the mobo? and what one would you recommend for my other parts?

15. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

CPUs seldom fail unless you overclock/overvolt them or physically damage the processor during install. Usually a cpu either works or it does not.
    I would suspect the motherboard before the cpu.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice