1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 D-Day Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by wk18, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wk18

wk18 Thread Starter

Hey all,

I recently got windows 7 and when I was installing one of my favourite games, D-Day, I encountered a problem.

I fully installed it and then I finally came to the last part, restarting my computer, when I did that a sign came up saying 'Starforce Protection is not compatible on windows 7..........get a patch'. I looked on the starforce website and it says a supplier will give it to you free, i couldn't find any suppliers. Also what do u do with the patch, stick it in the program files folder or the cd itself?

Thanks in advance

2. Deathanchor

Deathanchor

Sadly Starforce doesn't want to enforce its own protection system. According to their site you can only get compatability for Windows 7 with versions before 5.5, you have to be a developer. Wow, and sure enough I had version 3, not supported by Windows 7. Eventually I got tired of trying to aquire their official Starforce protection and just downloaded an .EXE crack for the game that had no protection on it and as I expected it worked just fine. Hey, Starforce brought it on themselves. Had no other choice except pretend to be a developer.

3. wk18

wk18 Thread Starter

Thanks for that,

So I have no other choice than to download a crack for it?

Where do I get that and how do I use it?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/899588