1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 - DirectX11

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Daniel089, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Daniel089

Daniel089 Thread Starter

I am using Windows 7 with a Pentium 4 CPU, 1GB RAM (Dual 512MB) and (I think because of DirectX 11) on my computer every animation, graphic, game is lagging. Everything went smoother on my XP. I was wondering what settings to change on Win7 to make everything better? I have 191.07 geforce 6 series driver(I have 6600GT), which should be OK.
    Any help appreciated!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

That's the "setting" to change. :) XP runs fine in 1 GB, usually with little swapping. 1 GB is Microsoft's recommended minimum for Vista and 7. My personal rule of thumb for Windows (at least double Microsoft's minimum), and "everybody's" experience with Vista and 7, is that the real minimum is 2 GB.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!