1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Document Library different in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kanadiankozak, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kanadiankozak

kanadiankozak Thread Starter

Hi all,

I've done some searching and haven't seen any responses to this elsewhere, so I thought I would make my own post.

I recently have moved some of my users documents to a newer server from our old server. This caused no real issues and was quite easy to manage. After the move on one particular system, I updated the document library to make sure it was pointing to the new location on the new server, made the files available offline, and let it synchronize. After the synchronization was complete, there were no issues.

However, when they try to attach a file to either an email or to a web form through Internet Explorer, the document library from the 'Attach a file...' window is still pointing to the old location. When I try to point that library to the new location, it says the folder isn't indexed, although I can have the library open in a windows explorer window and show that it is indexed and in the library.

Is there any way I can have the library updated in both Windows and Internet Explorer?

The system is currently running Windows 7 Professional 32Bit. It was running Internet Explorer 8 when the error first appeared, but I updated to Internet Explorer 9 and it is still not working correctly. This is the only system where it is acting like this, I have checked other identical systems that have had this file switch done as well.

Thank you!

2. jamwaky

jamwaky

3. jamwaky

jamwaky

4. kanadiankozak

kanadiankozak Thread Starter

I checked out the article, and after doing option 2, it did remove the old location from the offline files location. However, after making sure the new location was added back to the offline files, when I try to attach from Internet Explorer, the documents library is still saying it is empty.

What is interesting to note is that I decided to try installing Mozilla Firefox on the client station to see if it would work, and when I go to attach a file through Mozilla and search for the documents library, all the correct files from the correct location appear for me to use. This would seem to me that this issue is located somewhere with Internet Explorer and not my machine.

5. jamwaky

jamwaky

I'm not sure :s think we may have to wait for someone with more knowledge on the situation to come along, sorry.

What locations are pointing to the documents library?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice