windows 7 doesn't allow new antivirus?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tetsiga

ok so i have a acer aspire 5534 windows 7 ( when i bought my computer it came with mcaffe the trial ran out) so i went searching for many of the antiviruses that i already knew and trusted avast malwarebytes avira well when i downloaded then and installed i restarted my computer and to my surprise when going to the log in page it made the sound and in the middle it stoped and a blue screen came up so i had to go into safe mode and system restore can anyone help me?

( it seems like everytime i try an antivirus the blue screen comes up)

Did you uninstall your old McAfee software first? You need to before installing a new AV software.

Other that the same info that Mumdog offered, You need to also "RUN AS ADMIN".

tetsiga

thaanks guys i finally fully removed it from my computer now i will try a new antivirus that has full time protection what do you suggest?

antech

Banned
Plus the SAS and the MalwareBytes Combination.
Check the links in my signature below

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
I use "SuperAntispyware" along with Malwarebytes, as recommended here at TSG a number of times. The programs work in different ways and complement each other. Also, I highly recommend "SpywareBlaster," which runs in the background and prevents spyware in its extensive data base from getting in in the first place.

Another very valuable program is "WinPatrol," which alerts to potential system alterations and also provides info re running applications, services, startups, etc.

{redoak}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online