1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 doesn't allow new antivirus?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tetsiga, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tetsiga

tetsiga Thread Starter

ok so i have a acer aspire 5534 windows 7 ( when i bought my computer it came with mcaffe the trial ran out) so i went searching for many of the antiviruses that i already knew and trusted avast malwarebytes avira well when i downloaded then and installed i restarted my computer and to my surprise when going to the log in page it made the sound and in the middle it stoped and a blue screen came up so i had to go into safe mode and system restore can anyone help me?

( it seems like everytime i try an antivirus the blue screen comes up)

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Did you uninstall your old McAfee software first? You need to before installing a new AV software.

3. Snuffy1

Snuffy1

Other that the same info that Mumdog offered, You need to also "RUN AS ADMIN".

4. Compiler

Compiler

AVG installs and runs fine without doing anything special under Windows7.

5. golddust

golddust

I under stand McAfee requires a special removal tool just like Norton does. This link takes you to directions for that. It was written for Vista, but is supposed to work with Windows 7 as well. http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

6. tetsiga

tetsiga Thread Starter

thaanks guys i finally fully removed it from my computer now i will try a new antivirus that has full time protection what do you suggest?

7. Jacee

Jacee

8. antech

antech Banned

Plus the SAS and the MalwareBytes Combination.
    Check the links in my signature below

9. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

I use "SuperAntispyware" along with Malwarebytes, as recommended here at TSG a number of times. The programs work in different ways and complement each other. Also, I highly recommend "SpywareBlaster," which runs in the background and prevents spyware in its extensive data base from getting in in the first place.

Another very valuable program is "WinPatrol," which alerts to potential system alterations and also provides info re running applications, services, startups, etc.

{redoak}

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice