1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 doesn't like new Vizio TV

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bulkchart32, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulkchart32

bulkchart32 Thread Starter

i got a p65-e1 vizio 4k tv back in january. i use it as my pc moniter. i'm running a dual boot 7/10 pc. windows 10 works fine on the tv. win 7 keeps crashing. i have tried troubleshooting this thing for months now including doing a fresh install of windows. even with just windows 7 and no extra's(except drivers) installed it still crashes. i am fairly certain that it is something to do with this tv. i didn't have this problem with my old 1080p samsung. i have messed with the pc and have it where win 7 is stable most of the time. any idea what's going on and how to fix it? win 10 is not my favorite os so i'd really like to get win 7 back to working. btw, the tv is connect directly with an hdmi cable from the gpu to the tv. btw, right now it mainly crashes on some video games and any kind of web video(i.e. youtube). but if i don't tinker with it then it will crash just anytime. doesn't even have to be doing anything.

i7-4790k 4.7ghz
    evga 1080sc(main gpu)
    msi 970(mainly for physics)
    evga 1000w gold psu
    asrock extreme 6 z97 mobo
    4x8 corsiar vengenace ram 2400mhz
    evga liquid cooler on the cpu

2. bulkchart32

bulkchart32 Thread Starter

does that use dx9 or dx11?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice