1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 error 0x80041003

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RandyCandy, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RandyCandy

RandyCandy Thread Starter

So my computer has been randomly shut off and as i've read online i went to event log and found "Windows 7 error 0x80041003" so i've googled it and can not come up with a solution. I have tried to reinstall windows 7 but still no luck. I've found this link (which is how i got here) but it seemed like his problem just eventually went away, i didn't run any of the tests because the thread was created in 2011 so i thought there might be different methods for a better solution. I'm not home right now so i can't give a lot of specs but when i get home ill update the thread as soon as i get home. The error i get is
    Thread im referring to:
    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1105753-computer-shuts-down-randomly.html

About my computer:
    Acer AM3910
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    64bit
    Acer Tower

2. Sponsor

3. Agye

Agye

4. RandyCandy

From what i read, it just deletes the error but does it prevent it from crashing my whole computer?

5. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

6. RandyCandy

7. RandyCandy

I went to event viewer/windows logs/system and this error showed up

The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume \Device\HarddiskVolume3.

8. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Click on the Start button, in the search field type cmd. Under programs right click on CMD and select run as administrator. Next type the following in the command prompt.
    diskpart press enter
    list volume press enter. Note which driver letter is listed to volume 3.
    Type: exit press enter
    Type: chkdsk /f X: (X=whatever driver letter that is listed for volume 3, also insure a space in between /f x) press enter

9. RandyCandy

[​IMG]

So do i type chkdsk /f X: PQSERVICE ?

10. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

That won't work for PQSer. Which method did you try to reinstall Windows 7?

11. RandyCandy

I torrented windows 7 home premium and installed it via USB. My tower is Windows 7 home premium so I didn't use a patch of any kind. I just needed the OS install and wasn't sure of any other way

12. RandyCandy

13. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Have you tried using the Acer recovery instead, when you first turn on the computer press F2 to enter the bios. In the bios go to “Main” and make sure that D2D Recovery is enabled. Next press F10 and Yes, the computer should reboot and you will need to immediately Press and hold ALT key and press repeatedly F10. This should take you into a Recovery Management and from there you can do a full reinstall or a recovery.

14. RandyCandy

I'll try that if the issue is still goin on I already reinstalled it using the link. I'll let you know how it goes

15. RandyCandy

So it doesnt have that menu, first i got to this http://i.imgur.com/I4aLxPP.jpg and then into this http://i.imgur.com/TeJ5tee.jpg

16. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1135095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice