1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Explorer crashing and failing to preform updates.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bbboyd, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbboyd

bbboyd Thread Starter

I'm having some major and frustrating problems with my Windows 7 Device, where explorer constantly crashes or freezes, videos arent being played smoothly but instead they are jumpy and freeze for a great deal of time before playing another few seconds. Not only that but for over a month it has been performing updates when I shut down the computer that simply do not progress, there have been times when I have left my laptop on for over 12 hours and it hasnt budged from the first update. I have ran sfc/scannow but that doesnt get passed 22%, my AVG and Windows Defender are constantly being turned off without my doing,
    Can anyone help or recommend a possible repair?

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum

On which date did the problem begin? Occasionally the exact date is important.

When did the computer last work well? What changed? Perhaps a hardware or software install or removal; W7 update [ check W7's update history ]; an update to your anti malware or other program?

What is the smallest task that your computer freezes? What is the largest task which will work?

What happens if you boot to W7's safe mode?

Would you describe yourself as a beginning, intermediate or advanced computer user?

Please run the TG info tool.
    http://forums.techguy.org/site-comments-suggestions/1032709-where-tsg-information-tool.html

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086388

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice