Solved windows 7 factory reset

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paul67

Hi I began a factory reset on an old windows 7 laptop during the process the laptop lost power,I managed to start the reset again but it's been saying please wait for the last three days when I boot into safe mode everything seems to be set up.Is there anyway to stop or force stop the reset.

Paul, how did you initiate the "Factory Reset"..? Was this from a manufacturer's recovery partition that was installed at the time of purchase..?

T.

OK.... so at Boot you pressed F8 and that took you into Safe Mode.

Q1. What did you do when you got into Safe Mode..?

Q2. Does your computer have a manufacturers Recovery partition..?

T.

paul67

Not safe mode did the repair option and reset to factory default,was in the middle of it and lost power managed to get set up going again but it's not completing just stuck on the white screen for two days.Where would I find out if the lappy has a recovery partition not too worried about losing any data already have most the stuff that was on there on externals and other laptop's.Would just like to get out the reset process if I can.

TerryNet

Terry
reset to factory default
Using the Recovery Partition (which may be hidden) or a set of Recovery DVDs or a Recovery USB flash drive?

paul67

Pressed f8 and scrolled down to directory services restore mode and did a clean wipe

managed

Allan
I have no dvds or toshiba cds
It must be using a restore partition then.

If you restart the laptop does it go straight back into the factory restore, even if you don't press F8 etc ?

paul67

Yes and doesn't seem to get to the end also the screen goes idle after 10 minutes

managed

Allan
How are you getting into Safe Mode ? If with F8 is the factory restore still an option on the menu ?

paul67

Safe mode with f8 key i can stop the default set up process by pressing windows key during the reset but as soon as i shut down and restart i type in my password and it goes straight back into the reset

paul67

As far as i can see when i manage to stop the factory default reset and get into the laptop it's all reset back to the basics,the only thing i want to do is stop the process from restarting every time i turn the laptop on ? if were gonna go round and round the same questions being asked repeatedly to be honest i will just bung the thing away.

...... if were gonna go round and round the same questions being asked repeatedly to be honest i will just bung the thing away.........
Agree...(y)

Format the drive and start again with a nice clean installation. In your words you call it - ".... an old Laptop ...." - might be a good opportunity to try a dual-boot, such as, Linux and Windows.

Personally, I love "old" computers, they are by far the best teachers of technology...:D

T.

paul67

OOOOk so how do i format the drive what do i need to get that done me personally i prefer the instructions on the back of a cornflakes box ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online