1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Firefox scroll problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FOX45, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FOX45

FOX45 Thread Starter

Hello,

So, I bought, installed, and set up Windows 7, installed all my old programs and drivers.
    So, on certain long pages containing many links such as forum topics (way bigger than the ones here though), when I hold down the scroll wheel, and move my mouse down (to auto scroll quickly downward), normally it goes all the way down. But that was on XP, now, in windows 7, sometimes, very often, the scroll will get stuck (5-10 in one page) when i try to auto scroll down. Every few lines, the auto scroll would just lock up and stop, so I would have to release the scroll wheel, and press the scroll wheel again, but it would again, get stuck after a few lines. Ive never had this problem with XP so I assumed it was something with Windows 7, I have a 3.2ghz quad core, 4 gb of ram, and an ATI 5870, so i doubt my computer it stopping the page from auto scrolling because it cant load the page fast enough.
    Is there a way to fix that?

2nd and unrelated problem...lets say I have 5 tabs on firefox open, I go to the 2nd tab, and press the scroll wheel on a link to open a new tab with that link loading inside of it, normally, on XP, the tab would go to the end of the 5 tabs, and become my 6th tab. But on windows 7 when I do that, it would become my 3rd tab, inserting itself right after my tab I was on, instead of at the end of my original tabs.
    Is there a way I can change it back to the way it worked in XP?

Thats about it
    Thanks

2. FOX45

FOX45 Thread Starter

Bump. Anyone?

3. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

can you send a link to a page you have the problems with...i will try to replicate the problem here

4. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

First of all, that has nothing to do with Windows. That's all your mouse. (What mouse do you have?) I have never heard of a mouse that requires you to hold down the mouse wheel to do anything. The mouse wheel is a button. You click it, not hold it down.

Check your mouse settings. Somewhere in there is how your mouse is set up. You might also want to check and make sure that Firefox is not excluded.

Courtney

5. FOX45

FOX45 Thread Starter

I doubt its a problem with my mouse, since I used the same mouse on XP and never had that problem.
    If I click the mouse wheel, the scroll thing stays up, so i would have to click the scroll wheel again to exit it. I hold the scroll wheel so when im done moving down a page I just let go and the auto scroll is off'd.

6. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

CourtneyC is suggesting that there is a problem with your mouse driver; not a hardware issue. So, please tell us what mouse and driver version you're using. I think both issues get down to driver software.

7. FOX45

FOX45 Thread Starter

Hmm, well, My logitech wireless mouse+keyboard combo doesnt really have a driver installed currently, maybe I should Install it first..
    Only thing is, on XP I installed the driver, but always ended the process titled Logitechsomethingorothere.exe, so I assumed that the driver didnt matter since I never had the Exe turned on.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/909451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice