Windows 7 floppy drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tiredloeZman

I recently bought a USB floppy drive to try recover some old pics. It worked fine the first time I used it with each
floppy. I was looking to see which ones were worth saving and which ones weren't. So I get ready to save them
to a disc and now it says that I need to format the disc before I can use it. The really weird part is that if I mess with it enough it might eventually let me see what is on the floppy, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what makes it work and what doesn't.
Now I'm not tech ignorant, I seem to know enough to get myself in trouble LOL
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

bobs-here

Bob
Verify that the floppy diskette that you are attempting to read from is not write protected or bad. see if the diskette is not write protected by sliding the tab into the position not allowing light to shine through it. if you do not have a tab place tape over this hole.

Because of the technology of floppy diskette drives, it is likely for a floppy disc to become bad.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000277.htm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online