1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Font folder crash

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tome24, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tome24

tome24 Thread Starter

Hey Everyone!

Hope everyone reading this is good, my problem is everytime I open my font folder I get a message from windows saying "Windows explorer has stopped working" and then it restarts, allbiet without a problem, i.e everything goes back to normal instantly almost like nothing happened except the font folder closes and if i open it up again, same thing happens.

The only solution i have seen so far is talking about repair installs, but i refuse to believe that, that is required. There might be a problem with that aswell since the only disc I own is an upgrade disc from Vista to 7.

Here are my questions and if anyone can help me i would be SO appreciative,

1: Can this be fixed without repair instalations, and how?
    2: Can i just reset the font folder to default fonts and see if that helps?
    3: if it does take a repair installation can i do it from an upgrade disc?
    4: if i can do a repair installation from my upgrade disc, will it just repair windows or do i loose stuff (files, programs etc?.)
    5: Does anyone have Steve Balmers e-mail address and is there anything ye would like to add (",)?

Thanks everyone

2. tome24

tome24 Thread Starter

I solved the problem, i had gdipp installs which renders Windows text similar to OSX text, I disabled the gdipp services and its solved now

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/933766