1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 for gaming

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by riskyifzal, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riskyifzal

riskyifzal Thread Starter

i play pirated games on pirated windows xp on my pc.i m thinking of buying windows 7 home premium.

but i m not sure that the games which work on xp would work on windows 7 home premium.or should i buy windows 7 pro

bcz windows 7 has pro has xp mode,may be then i wouldnt have problem playing games which work on xp

games which were launched before windows 7 was launched

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    We certainly appreciate your honesty and appreciate that you are considering purchasing Windows 7. :)

But we really cannot and will not help with pirated games. :(

In general the XP mode is a feature targeted for businesses to encourage them to upgrade to Windows 7 w/o fear of losing their "legacy" business applications. As I understand it nothing special was done with a view towards games, so any particular game may or may not work in XP mode.

You can probably find information on a purchased game's web site about its compatibility with Windows 7 and whether there is any upgrade for it.

I am closing this now because of the involvement with pirated games.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice