1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 freezes at startup and safe mode

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Goldfish1000, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Goldfish1000

Goldfish1000 Thread Starter

Hi,

I hope you can help me as I have a bit of a problem :/

Just out of the blue my laptop won't load up, just after I downloaded AVAST and service pack 1 my laptop has been playing up..

It freezes just at the windows logo and when trying to load safe mode it freezes at the driver atipcie.sys and then goes to a black screen where the cursor is just there and nothing else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
    Josh

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Have you got a Windows 7 installation disc or repair disc.

3. Goldfish1000

Goldfish1000 Thread Starter

I don't have one, no.

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

Do you know anybody that has a PC with Windows 7 installed on it, this will enable you to make a recovery disc on their PC which you can then use on yours to carry out some repairs.

If you know someone who has a Windows 7 installation disc that is the same version as you have installed on your PC that would be even better.

In both cases the Windows versions must have the same bit rate as yours, either 64bit or 32bit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice