Windows 7 freezes using parallels 16.2 on Mac Catalina

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Maryne

I run windows 7 as a virtual machine on a Mac with Catalina OS and parallels 16.2. Windows has gotten corrupted. Very slow and freezes often. I’ve run sfc/scannow but no problems found.

Mac support won’t help because it’s windows. Microsoft support won’t help because it’s a virtual machine on a Mac OS. Parallels support recommended windows 10 which I installed as a second virtual machine but it doesn’t run all the software I need. I want to get windows 7 running again.

Is there an incompatibility with Catalina? Or parallels 16?

Sometimes I wonder if it’s the display driver in parallels since when windows loads, the icons are huge, then revert to normal size.

Thanks for any help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online