1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 freezing, "Disk boot error, insert system disk and press enter"

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cj123, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cj123

cj123 Thread Starter

I had a fresh install of 7 and everything was working fine.
    All of a sudden it starts randomly freezing and programs start responding.
    I got KERNAL_PAGING_ERROR BSODs etc. and got a new disk, thinking it was that.
    After cloning the new disk which didn't work, and produced loads of errors on chkdsk, I decided to do a clean install of 7.

I still keep getting "Disk boot error, insert system disk and press enter", and when it does boot, it freezes all the time and every time I click the start button, it basically crashed and is messed up.

Tried new SATA cable and ports. Any ideas?

2. warrior19

warrior19

BIOS settings or Motherboard issues?

Have you checked with the manufacturer website for the Motherboard that you have the Windows 7 drivers?

Is your Windows 7 DVD a retail copy...or the pre release BETA....or dodgy(in which case problems might lie there)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice