Windows 7 freezing, need to update to 10

Monkeycat255

I have Windows 7 and I've tried to update to 10 many times but never got it to work. Now I'm at the stage where I can't get the machine to work long enough to try to troubleshoot installing Windows 10. It used to freeze when idle but now it's freezing within 10 mins of restarting, can't get through disk check at startup, I've been doing force shut downs so much they feel normal. I don't understand anything about computers which makes it really hard to look stuff up online bc everything I read makes me want to smash stuff in frustration. All my files are backed up so the idea of a factory reset seems ideal so I can then install Windows 10 although I have no idea how to go about doing that. Also I'm unclear where the windows 10 will come from after wiping it? I don't get it. Please help me I'm a mess.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Does your computer still have a working internet connection and is still able to load its Windows 7 operating system?

If it is, please do the following in it:

Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

-------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online