1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 ,Freezing, slow response, Hp laptop, Probook 4530s,

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Kolander57, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolander57

Kolander57 Thread Starter

My lap top is only 2 month old, I have kept it in great condition, not downloading tons or random movie and music files. It has been running perfectly. It is a Windows 7 HP Probook 4530s.

It has not given me any trouble so far.

Today my friend and I were downloading Java to play minecraft. The download went ok, and I proceed to boot up the minecraft program. When the program loaded the computer began lagging horribly.
    I quickly ended the program and attempted to restart it, the program ran with the same horrible lag.
    So I ended the program, but my computer was still lagging, all programs I attempted to run took for ever to start up, and when they did they froze. I restarted the laptop and after all the programs started up, I attempted to run Firefox, and it loaded, then froze, as did all other programs, I had to force the computer off. I spent the rest of the day cleaning up the computer, deleting old program files, music, I ran multiply disk clean ups, and attempted to defrag the hard drive. But these programs all froze.
    I restarted and ran in Safe Mode, and it worked fine, all the programs loaded and nothing froze. Me and my friend worked on it all day, finally we found out that the Minecraft program had installed wrong, or something like that, THe program files were installed in the wrong place. We deleted those file and restarted the computer. It started up, and All programs functioned for a while, and the lag was gone, it all ran smoothly, then maybe two minutes later everything freezes. I attempt to open programs but the files will not open

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/996984-solved-hp-pavilion-laptop-freezes.html

That thread is the closet thing I can find that resembles my current problem, Please help, thank you for your time in advance.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1011539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice