1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 fresh install, no drivers for anything

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nephilim616, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nephilim616

nephilim616 Thread Starter

So as the tittle says, i installed fresh copy of windows 7. And there are no drivers. Not for wireless,usb, broadband or any whatsoever. So i can?t plug in usb, or use wireless, or even use brodband. And the qusetion is how do i install drivers if i don't have any of that???

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Do you have another PC on which to download drivers?

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What make and model computer is it ? If it's a custom build what motherboard ?

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    You'll need to go to the, either system (for namebrands) or motherboard, manufacturer's website and download the drivers. Obviously you'll have to do that on a different system. Transfer via a flash drive or CD/DVD and install on newly installed system.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I've done hundreds of fresh installs of Windows 7, so I should be able to help you, but first you need to provide some information about your computer.

If it's a factory-brand one, advise what its brand name and model name and model number and serial number is.
    If it's a self-built one, advise what its motherboard's brand name and model number is.

---------------------------------------------------------------

6. nephilim616

Laptop is Asus F555l. I downloaded drivers on my usb but it won't read them.
    The drivers for usb are also missing.
    And i don't have cd.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Very often asus uses zip folders for the download. Have you tried to extract the drivers?

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    The ASUS "Drivers & Tools" section appears to require the description of the Intel processor in your laptop before it will display the correct driver downloads list.
    What is the exact description of the Intel processor in your laptop?

Also, what is the exact model name of your laptop?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  9. nephilim616

Make and model: Asus F555UA-EH71 Laptop (15.6-Inch, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD)

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Win7 is not a supported operating system. The ONLY supported operating system listed is win10. Here is the support page for that laptop;
    https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/F555UA/HelpDesk_Download/
    As you can see, win10 is the only operating system with driver support.

You have three choices;
    1 Live with it the way your laptop is now
    2 Install win10 and have it work the way it is supposed to work
    3 Install linux

11. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    According to the Windows 10 64-bit drivers list for your ASUS F555UA laptop, it appears to have these primary devices:
    Intel chipset
    Intel graphics
    Realtek high definition audio
    Realtek gigabit ethernet
    Realtek or Atheros wireless

BEFORE you installed Windows 7 64-bit in your laptop, you should've correctly identified its primary devices, then obtained the Windows 7 64-bit drivers for them.
    AFTER you installed Windows 7 64-bit, you then should've installed the drivers for its primary devices, starting with the chipset driver.
    You didn't do that, so there lies your problem.

There probably are Windows 7 64-bit drivers for all of the primary devices, but you need to correctly identify them BEFORE you search for their drivers.
    That can be done by going into the Device Manager, then looking in these headings:
    Display Adapters
    Network Adapters
    Processors
    Sound, Video And Game Controllers

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  12. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    According to your ASUS laptop's exact model number, it appears to have come with:
    Intel Core i7-6500U 2.50 GHz dual core processor (6th generation)
    Intel HD Graphics 520 integrated graphics

You can confirm that by looking in the "Display Adapters" and "Processors" headings in the Device Manager.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  13. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

As Frank points out, you may be able to find win7 drivers however you are not going to just go to a support page and download each one. You are going to have to search for them from the actual device mfg's site ie intel, realtek, etc. Being this is a laptop and as such highly proprietary, you are probably going to end up with at least one device ie touchpad or whatever not working.

Again as Frank posts, the very first thing you do when installing any operating system is download the drivers [before NOT after the install]
    If it were me, I would just install the operating system that is supposed to be on the laptop ie win10 and be done with the problem. Up to you.

14. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    I agree with crjdriver.

That model laptop came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit, and its driver downloads site has all the necessary drivers, so that's what you should stick with.

I could probably install Windows 7 64-bit in it and find all the necessary drivers, but I have the knowledge and experience to do it that you obviously don't.

--------------------------------------------------------------

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice