1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Gadgets. Delete? How?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Doesterr, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doesterr

Doesterr Thread Starter

I'm advised that there's vulnerability problems (big-time?) with the Gadgets included
    in Windows 7. Do I need to do anything beyond removing them from the Desktop?
    I have two desktop computers, that is, HP 8000 SFF and a Lenovo desktop (model
    forgotten for the moment), with both of which I have for some time utilized the
    Time, Calendar, and Weather gadgets.

Recently the Weather gadget disappeared from the screen. I dragged it out again,
    but found it not to get any weather information: Just a blank darkish blue. And
    then it disappeared. The Time and the Calendar gadgets remained, and appear to
    be working fine. But someone told me the Gadget setup has been found vulnerable.

What now? Uninstall the Time and Calendar gadgets? I've heard that Microsoft has
    provided a way to get rid of the whole W-7 Gadget function, but I know not of that.

What ought I to do here, please?
    --------------------------
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3991 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 1771 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 950004 MB, Free - 902057 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3646h
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Load the "Programs And Features" window. (This is where the installed programs in your computer is located)

In the left column, click "Turn Windows features on or off".

When the "Windows Features" window loads, remove the checkmark in "Windows Gadget Platform".

Click "OK", then follow the directions.

----------------------------------------------------------

3. vembutech

vembutech Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice