Windows 7 Gadgets. Delete? How?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Doesterr

I'm advised that there's vulnerability problems (big-time?) with the Gadgets included
in Windows 7. Do I need to do anything beyond removing them from the Desktop?
I have two desktop computers, that is, HP 8000 SFF and a Lenovo desktop (model
forgotten for the moment), with both of which I have for some time utilized the
Time, Calendar, and Weather gadgets.

Recently the Weather gadget disappeared from the screen. I dragged it out again,
but found it not to get any weather information: Just a blank darkish blue. And
then it disappeared. The Time and the Calendar gadgets remained, and appear to
be working fine. But someone told me the Gadget setup has been found vulnerable.

What now? Uninstall the Time and Calendar gadgets? I've heard that Microsoft has
provided a way to get rid of the whole W-7 Gadget function, but I know not of that.

What ought I to do here, please?
--------------------------
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3991 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 1771 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 950004 MB, Free - 902057 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3646h
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Load the "Programs And Features" window. (This is where the installed programs in your computer is located)

In the left column, click "Turn Windows features on or off".

When the "Windows Features" window loads, remove the checkmark in "Windows Gadget Platform".

Click "OK", then follow the directions.

----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online