1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 hangs during multiple RDP sessions

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jcury, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jcury

jcury Thread Starter

Hello everyone, I’m back with yet another problem I have not solved.
    As most of you know win 7 does not support multiple rdp sessions to one machine, so I used a hack.
    The problem I am having is the system crashes when people log on or off, this happens randomly, I can have 10 users working at the same time for 5-6 hours with no problem and next time after the 4th person the computer may crashe and becomes unresponsive. I have a win7 32 bit ultimate addition to which 21 thin clients connect.
    I first thought that it was a ram problem so I changed my ram, but the same problem continued , I tried installing windows xp pro with sp3 and the same problem.

Any sejestions?

2. antech

antech Banned

No suggestions jcury.
    As windows7 dosent support multiple rdp sessions,there is no workaround to achieve that.
    The crashes are due to the multiple sessions

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I would venture to say that not only is it not supported, but its likely against the EULA... Server 2008 R2 is the NT 6.1 kernal fit for serving multiple terminal sessions... and/ or thin clients.

4. jcury

jcury Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the help, can you please tell me server 2008 Which you say it is possible for multiple sessions how does it work? do i have to buy a license for each rdp user i will have connecting to it?

5. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I would go for either 2003 or 2008 R2. NT 6.0 was fine for a workstation, but 6.1 is a much better server environment (Except you cannot see the shares overlay in 6.1, it was removed!!!)

Will this be for thin clients only, or will you build a domain? File server/ Print server?

6. jcury

jcury Thread Starter

Thanks again for the help.
    No file server, print server maybe.
    I will have about 21 thin clients and 3 other pc's connecting to this server.
    Would love your recommendations on the matter.
    I checked out server 2003 and it said that only 2 admin and one user concurrent accounts are allowed, for more i must buy a client licence. Can you please tell me what does that mean and what is that?

Thanks in advance

7. jcury

jcury Thread Starter

BW, i found a workaround for the time regarding the crashing of the system during rdp login's and logouts, i just have everyone connected and do not let anyone to disconnect.
    This way it works with out a problem.

8. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

9. jcury

jcury Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the artical buddy. So enterprise supports unlimited rdp connections?

Also i found a workaround to my problem. Since the crashes happen when people log off or onn i just disabled the log off command from GP.
    So the user can't log off from the start menu.
    Worked all day long with out a problem.

Thanks again for the help.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice