Windows 7 Help and Support is Corrupt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Retta

Hello,

I have HP windows 7 - 64bit operating system. Whenever I click on start then help and support I am able to click on the icons, however I get a message saying unknown publisher: Name wshC1AA.tmp.js. I will not run the software, however once I close the message I get another message saying The script is corrupted or has been tampered. Each icon has the same message but with a different name, however all the names end with tmp.js. I deleted java, ran my virus protector and found out I had a virus named trojan.agent/gen-rotbrow. It appears Avast got rid of the trojan. I also ran superantispyware and malewarebytes just to make sure the virus was gone. Is there anyway I can restore my help and support? I also deleted all my windows temp. files. Any help will be greatly appreciate and thank you in advance.
Retta.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online