1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SkylineBNR34, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkylineBNR34

SkylineBNR34 Thread Starter

Yesterday I ran a malwarebytes full system scan on my computer. It found two malicious items, one file and one on a registry key. I removed both of the malicious items and rebooted my computer. After I rebooted my computer everything went haywire. My sound won't play, Windows Aero themes won't work, My internet connections will not work at all, and I have no idea what to do.

Here is the log MWB gave me and I'm guessing the problem was the Trojan was attached to an important program and when MWB deleted the registry key it screwed everything up.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
    Database version: 3510
    Windows 6.1.7600
    Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

1/19/2011 5:30:18 PM
    mbam-log-2011-01-19 (17-30-18).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|H:\|)
    Objects scanned: 248841
    Time elapsed: 7 hour(s), 53 minute(s), 0 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 1
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 1
    Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\groupmanager (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
    C:\ProgramData\2ACA5CC3-0F83-453D-A079-1076FE1A8B65 (Adware.Seekmo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:

EDIT: I am using a different computer to post everything, I have an external HDD so I can transfer anything over I need. Also I don't have any recovery disks for Windows 7 since the computer came with Vista originally and I went and got Win 7 in a not so legal matter. I don't care if I need to reinstall Vista to get it working again, I just want to figure out what is wrong with it. I went into the recovery files, but it gives me an error even for the disks that it can't access the recovery partition. I downloaded iso files for Win 7 recovery disks, but it won't run Daemon Tools, since I need an internet connection to install even the trial version.

2. valis

valis Moderator

seeing as how you got the OS in a not so legal manner, we really can't assist. Reinstalling with a legit copy will solve the issues, I'd imagine.

closing thread.

thanks,

v

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice