1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows 7 home basic

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by riestone, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. riestone

riestone Thread Starter

i have problem on my thumbnail preview ... i can't enable it... pls... need some help

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

yep i has this also

open say pictures then on left hand side organise then foldersearch options then view then untick top one show icons and tick third one display .....

3. riestone

riestone Thread Starter

what do you mean "open say pictures then on left hand side organise then foldersearch options then view then untick top one show icons and tick third one display"......

4. riestone

riestone Thread Starter

my problem is, when my desktop dont have thumbnail preview...when i installed power suite...and scan my system....

5. daz1

daz1 Banned

when i installed power suite...and scan my system.... ?????????????? no idea what you mean ??? pls explain

start double click pictures then organise then as i said above ...... if no luck pls give more info

6. riestone

riestone Thread Starter

i installed power suite of uniblue .. then i scan on my system.. there are some problem and i tried to fix using this application.. after that.. the desktop thumbnail preview doesn't work anymore... how could i restore it again...

7. riestone

riestone Thread Starter

as windows 7 feature.. if you point the cursor on the programs on the taskbar, thumbnail preview will appear but now mines not working anymore no preview but only name of the program on the taskbar...

8. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

does the name of pages/program come up when you mouse over them in taskbar? or nothing at all?
    sounds like you have disabled the aero theme.

To re-enable, right click on desktop and click personalize, desktop themes and pick one of the themes under "Aero themes",
    If the theme you already have active is an aero theme, choose a basic theme, save changes and follow above process again for changing back to an aero theme.

9. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If you mean that you installed http://www.uniblue.com/software/powersuite/, then only the they know what was done to your system.

Sounds like they clean it up real good and now it will work.

That is why I and many others here do not used such programs.

You just may have to to a "System Recover" to get back your full OS.

10. osarius

osarius

I didn't think Basic had Aero...

But if it's that important,

Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Performance Information and Tools, and then, in the list of results, click Performance Information and Tools.

Click Adjust visual effects. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click the Visual Effects tab, click Adjust for best appearance, and then click OK. (Or, select Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer.)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice