1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Home Preimum Won't boot !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LazyZee, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazyZee

LazyZee Thread Starter

Running Windows 7 Home Preimum and was dealing with some nasty viruses / trojans. Downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials to delete them and reboot and it caused me to unable to boot into anything. Need some feedback / suggestions before I come to a final resolution to just reformat ... which I obviously want to avoid because I have nothing backed up. I've tried rebooting into safe mode and it just brings me back to a screen of 2 options. One to start windows normally or to start system recovery options. Of course "starting windows normally" doesn't work and I've tried everything on Startup Recovery Options. Startup Repair doesn't work, System Restore failed on the two and only previous restore points I have. I've ran a Windows Memory Diagnostic too and no hardware issues found. System Image Recovery isn't even an option to consider because I don't have any image either to revert back to. Suggestions?

2. LazyZee

LazyZee Thread Starter

Bump - Managed to get my hands on a KasperSky Rescue Disk 10, ran it and scanned for viruses and deleted 14 rebooted and still unable to boot into any form of windows except System Recovery Options once again... please help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice