Windows 7 horrific bluscreen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

El classico

Well.. im having a rare and potentially maddening problem with my PC
my specs are

P4 3.0 Ghz (LGA775)
1.5 GB RAM (2 256 mb sticks, 1 1Gig stick)
40 Gb HDD sata
DVD ROM Hp sata
ATI Radeon HD4650 512mb XFX
Win 7 (32bits)

i have NOT installed any hardware but i was using a portable HD of 40 Gb to play Witcher 2 on my PC.
since this morning im having different BSODs
there are different errors:

1.driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
2.a process or thread crucial to system operation has been terminated
3. Bad_Pool_Header

i CANT boot in anyways (not even safe mode)
NEItheR can i reinstall windows 7
Startup recovery is also powerless...
i cant even access the minidump files in any way at all !

please help me

Was the external drive that you connected to the computer ever checked for malware such as viruses and trojans?

Have you used this PC before for playing the same game or any other? You have unmatched RAM installed which may not help, better performance would be obtained with equal amounts of matched pairs of RAM in each channel.

Witcher II requires 4Gb of RAM so that is almost certain to fail on your system. http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=860&game=The%2520Witcher%2520II

The three BSOD error messages you have can all relate to bad RAM, in this case mismatched and overloaded. Time to go shopping for a nice pair of 2Gb sticks.

Try memtest to rule in/out RAM. (Click on memtest to download the software in .zip format)

Burn the ISO to disc, and set your PC to boot from CD/DVD.

Allow it to check your memory for at least 4 hours, 24 if possible.

See it there are any errors.

You could try just taking out the two smaller sticks and seeing if it will boot, then if it doesn't swap the sticks around and try to boot with each stick in turn, that should find the faulty stick a lot quicker than using memtest. If it makes no difference then you need to let us know and we can help you look for another cause.

You could try just taking out the two smaller sticks and seeing if it will boot, then if it doesn't swap the sticks around and try to boot with each stick in turn, that should find the faulty stick a lot quicker than using memtest. If it makes no difference then you need to let us know and we can help you look for another cause.
It would probably be best to use both methods. Since memtest checks for memory errors that may not necessarily affect a computer booting. Many errors and faults can be caused by bad memory which may not be evident, but could eventuly contribute to catastrophic data loss, a corrupt OS installation and other sporadic issues. When installing an OS, it is best to ensure that there are no memory related faults at all.

I would test the sticks by swapping as advised above, then test with memtest when your PC boots up successfully.

El classico

This is the Error report i got after unplugging the 1 gb stick and a 256mb stick

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1056

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 001904FB
BCP2: 8B5978E0
BCP3: 8B5974C0
BCP4: 8207A529
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\071111-35193-01.dmp
C:\Users\Yaxir\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-141960-0.sysdata.xml

Files are attatched to this reply.. plz interpret and inform me

*UPDATE* Pc works flawlessly with the aforementioned 256 stick attached (means 512mb in total)

Attachments

This minidump occured only about 8 seconds into bootup. It suggests a fault with the hard dirve but most likely it was actually a fault caused by the lack of RAM.

I was forgetting in previous posts that Windows 7 requires a minimum of 1gb to run correctly, although I have heard it will work on less. As it is running flawlessly on the two smaller sticks then they are most likely OK, did you try to run it on the 1GB stick on its own?

As it would not even boot with all sticks of RAM fitted but now does with the 1GB stick removed then it is most probably a fault with the 1GB stick. But, as I had pointed out before, you are running with an uneven amount of RAM in either channel which is prone to cause problems and the game you first encountered problems with needs 4GB of RAM.

Also, no need to bump this thread only a minute after you posted, or was that an error. Anyone who has made a post here gets email notification that another post has been added, you just have to wait a while.

El classico

This minidump occured only about 8 seconds into bootup. It suggests a fault with the hard dirve but most likely it was actually a fault caused by the lack of RAM.

I was forgetting in previous posts that Windows 7 requires a minimum of 1gb to run correctly, although I have heard it will work on less. As it is running flawlessly on the two smaller sticks then they are most likely OK, did you try to run it on the 1GB stick on its own?

As it would not even boot with all sticks of RAM fitted but now does with the 1GB stick removed then it is most probably a fault with the 1GB stick. But, as I had pointed out before, you are running with an uneven amount of RAM in either channel which is prone to cause problems and the game you first encountered problems with needs 4GB of RAM.

Also, no need to bump this thread only a minute after you posted, or was that an error. Anyone who has made a post here gets email notification that another post has been added, you just have to wait a while.
:D sorry man! fr da bump error...
i get ur point that the Ram is unmatched n all... but any chance of Witcher 2 causing the RAM to go 'bad' ?
and the PC doesnt boot on 1gb stick alone, the motherboard gives its weird alarm tone when i tried to do so!:cool:

Check you have the stick in slot one, if you have, or when moving it to slot 1 you get the alarm again, that stick must be faulty. I am quite sure if you run Memtest86+ on it you will see errors.

As Witcher 2 has a minimum system requirement of 4GB of RAM it will have been using 100% of your RAM which will have forced the error to show. But, I doubt it will have caused it. Get a new matched pair of 2GB sticks fitted and you should be up and running again.

El classico

ok.. i will try for two 2gb sticks (looks bad cos im broke and stuff in Pak is too costly :'( )
but please make it clear how do i figure out the location of slot 1

To identify slot one you will often find it printed on the motherboard or you will have to check in the motherboard manual. On many motherboards it is the nearest to the CPU but that may not always apply.

ok.. i will try for two 2gb sticks (looks bad cos im broke and stuff in Pak is too costly :'( )
but please make it clear how do i figure out the location of slot 1
If you don't yet know the slot and you don't have a manual, let us know the make and model of your motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online