1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7, HP 6470B, UEFI unable to see BIOS update files ?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Fredrik2222, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fredrik2222

Fredrik2222 Thread Starter

Hello, I'm Fredrik and I am in a bit of a pickle and i would love some help.

The computer i have that i need to update Bios on is a HP Probook 6470B
    the Current Bios version is 68ICE Ver. F.46
    I want to update it to F.62 or whatever the newest is.

so at first im pretty new to this and english is not my first language so pls have that in mind.

I would like to use a USB with HP UEFI vers 6.2.0.0 installed on it but here is the problem, I dont know how to put the Bios update in to the USB so that i can access the update via UEFI aswell, i have tried alot of diffrent methods and failed so far.

could someone pls explain it to me in Detail step by step how to manage this feat.

And before you say o its just install it on the OS well the OS is fried cause of one of my family members and i need the bios update to be able to network boot down the new OS from a personal server.
    Which will be a Windows 10 image download

2. Sponsor

3. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

The updates are OS specific. The latest version that I saw for Win7 was F.66a.

The instructions on the download site, state to download the file and run it. So it apparently installs from within the OS.

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

5. Fredrik2222

Fredrik2222 Thread Starter

Hey guys. thx for the answers but they are really not the ones im looking for,
    Oddba11 : yes you are correct in your statements but as i said the OS on the computer is not functional so there is no updating the bios through that, i need to update it through UEFI but i cant get UEFI to find the bios update files on the same USB as the UEFI program runs on.
    so to Frank, thx for the link but i have already scanned their support site for solutions and yes they have a solution for it but they arent showing exactly how to do it, they jumps alot of steps in the process and just assume that people will figure it out, they aswell as me will not, thats why i came to ask you guys for help.
    and for the last post which i find weird and bot like doumbia pls get you own thread for asking for SN numbers, not even sure its okay to do that actually.

6. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Do you have an actual BIOS file? The .exe file from the website is not the actual file, thus the update won't see it.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

When you run the Windows BIOS update program it extracts to C:\SWSetup\SP77818, there's a BIOSUpdate folder there and that might be what you need or it might be the 68ICE and 68ICF cab files.

Or just boot a Windows 7 or newer recovery disc/USB stick and see if you can run the Windows flash utility from a command prompt in the Recovery console. Or just install Windows 10 in the 15 or so minutes it takes and update from the OS and then redeploy the system over the network if you need too.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188794