1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 ignoring custom print size

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Impulse_X, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Impulse_X

Impulse_X Thread Starter

Hi,

I have an Epson LQ 300+ dot matrix printer network shared from a Windows XP machine.
    I use a specific custom print size (W: 21.6, H: 13.95). I have a Windows 7 machine
    that uses this printer. I have added the custom print size to the Windows 7 list of
    print sizes.

When I print from the Windows XP machine, it prints ok.

However, when I print it from the Windows 7 machine, it prints the stuff but form feeds
    as if it was set to print to an A4 page size.

I've deleted the printer and re-added it on the Windows 7 machine and I've set the
    print size to use the specific custom print size; but it still acts as if it's printing A4.

Can someone shed some light as to what's going on?

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What driver are you using? One that Windows found? Or Windows 7 from Epson? Or Vista from Epson?

3. Impulse_X

Impulse_X Thread Starter

It seems as if I'm wrong. All machines ignore the custom print size.

The Windows XP machines got the driver from the CD that came with the printer.
    The Windows 7 machines got the driver that Windows found.

Ix

PS: I'm having some trouble saving my posts.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    All I can suggest (for any of the systems giving trouble) is to try the latest driver from Epson's web site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1102029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice