1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 Install issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by figgero, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. figgero

figgero Thread Starter

Hi Mike here. When I tried to install Windows 7 Ultima on my HP with Windows Vista on it, I get the message no drives can be found or detected. Please Help Me. thanks

2. Snowbros

Snowbros

Hi figgero,

Was your hard drive working before you installed the windows 7 OS and what operating system was your machine running before you installed windows 7.

3. figgero

figgero Thread Starter

HI Figgero here. thanks for replying. Yes, my hard drive was working and the OS before I tried to install Windows 7 was Windows Vista. please reply and thank you

4. figgero

figgero Thread Starter

Hi Figgero here. Yes, my hard drive was working before I tried to install Windows 7 and the previous OS was Windows Vista. please reply and thank you.

5. Snowbros

Snowbros

I just want to establish if the problem is indeed the hard drive we will have to start eliminating to get to the root of the problem.

If possible can you try and reinstall with windows vista OS to see if you still get the same error.

Can you also give us the specifications of your machine, for example how much RAM is installed? The capacity of your hard drive, the capacity of your CPU, etc, we will need this information to ensure that your machine meets the hardware requirements for the OS that you are trying to installed.

6. figgero

figgero Thread Starter

Hi Figgero here. Thanks for replying. First, I can''t reinstall the Vista OS because I can't locate it. Specifications: processor is AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-75, memory 3GB, Hard Disk Drives(2) local disk 287CB, recovery disk 10.9GB.I hope this information helps. again thanks

7. Snowbros

Snowbros

Your machine's hardware is more than enough to meet the requirements to install windows 7 so it's definitely not a requirements issue.

You can also use the recovery disk to recover the operating system, just insert the disk and boot from it, once done if it's still giving you the same error it means your hard drive is faulty so you will need to replace it.

let us know how this goes.

8. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

So is Windows 7 now installed on the computer
    As you have started another topic here
    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1148085-wireless.html

asking about a connection problem on Windows 7 but that is on a Toshiba laptop and the computer in this topic you say is an HP.

Where please is the installation disc for Windows 7 Ultimate from - is it a genuine Microsoft disc.
    Is it a copy of a disc from somewhere.
    Is it a downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate from some website

9. valis

valis Moderator

Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and post back the report it creates:
    • Download MGADiag to your desktop.
    • Double-click on MGADiag.exe to launch the program
    • Click "Continue"
    • Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default).
    • Click the "Copy" button to copy the MGA Diagnostic Report to the Windows clipboard.
    • Paste the MGA Diagnostic Report back here in your next reply.

10. figgero

figgero Thread Starter

Hi Figgero here. Its a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that I bought on craigs list for $50. was I ripped off?

11. valis

valis Moderator

can you post the MGA results please?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice