1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 internet not working...OS X works fine though

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shyataroo, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shyataroo

shyataroo Thread Starter

I have a mid 2010 iMac 27" 3.2Ghz i3 4GB ram 1TB hard drive space ATI HD4870...

Running windows 7 x64 and OS X 10.6.6

I am using a wireless internet source from nearby, and the connection works great on OS X when I boot into windows the internet is completely un-responisive and when it does work its slower then glass (for those of you who don't know glass is technically a liquid)

I have no idea what the difference is...

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What "wireless internet source from nearby"?

3. steve65

steve65

I am no Mac expert, but I am assuming that you are running Windows 7 as a virtual machine inside Mac OSX using VMWare Fusion or Parallels? If so, check your network settings for the virtual Windows 7 machine. You probably want the connection set to "bridging" mode?

4. shyataroo

shyataroo Thread Starter

no its through boot camp (I want to play a game, and VMware and parallels have appaling frame rates) and the nearby wireless source is a unsecured 802.11n connection

5. shyataroo

shyataroo Thread Starter

I want to play Phantasy Star online Blue Burst...cause I have played the gamecube version excessively

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Review the forum rules, please. We do not support "WiFi piggybacking." Closing.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/979749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice