1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows 7 irql_not_less_or_equal

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by croy, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. croy

croy Thread Starter

im having blue screen on my computer when i shut down or restart it. not all the time, but i think 6 times already. my computer is kinda new. so im not really sure if the hardware is to blame. im getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 7 32-bit. anybody knows how to fix this?

my computer specs are ECS G41T-M6, Core 2 Duo E7500, GeForce GT240, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.
    i already memtested my computer for about 3hrs. didnt get any errors. i also changed my previous video card (HD 5550) to GT240. im still experiencing blue screen unexpectedly.

btw, my computer runs fine and i can use it like everyday. its just that, i dont wanna leave it unrepaired.

2. laker_fan

laker_fan

use your computer till it happens again and as soon as it happens reboot into your bios and check your cpu temp, or try pulling out your ram with known good ram and see if it levels out. if your cpu temp is too high you will probably need a new heatsink and fan. good luck

3. croy

croy Thread Starter

hey. thanks for the quick reply. my cpu temperature is 34*C while idle. and 62*C max after playing games. is that normal or not? i dont really know which is causing it. i want it to be fixed. cause i heard that blue screens are traitor. i have also installed all of the latest drivers for my computer. and btw my memory ram is 2x 2GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston. but my motherboard supports DDR3 1066MHz. is that okay?

4. croy

croy Thread Starter

is it possible that the motherboard or the memory thats causing it? or maybe d power supply? my power supply is AcBel CE2 500 MAX POWER.

5. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Yes it could be your MB or your CPU as mentionned by laker_fan.

Did you try laker_fan's suggestion of removing 1Ram and testing your computer, if still no go, take that one out and put the other one back in.

6. croy

croy Thread Starter

hi. do you think its the motherboard? can you tell me why? i havent tried to remove my ram yet. but i ran a memtest already. and it didnt detect any errors. also the problem is i cannot predict whenever the blue screen is going to appear. like i said, i had blue screens unexpectedly like 6 times in different days. so i dont think removing my ram would troubleshoot whats causing it. thanks.

7. croy

croy Thread Starter

if you think that the motherboard is causing the problem. do you recommend a product replacement?

8. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Unless money is no object to you, I would wait for more experienced members or a moderator to
    come along and help you further.
    RAMTEST are good, but I would still try removing one stick at a time just to make sure you cover
    all bases.

That is it for me for now, I will step aside and let the more exp. PROs take over.

And again, best of luck
    Ray

9. croy

croy Thread Starter

thanks RayTheBear. im actually going to replace my motherboard now. i'll also try your suggestions. TY again.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice