windows 7 issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

whatwindows

i have an issue with windows 7. i have a dell windows 7 studio cps 8000 with an intel core i7 [email protected] 8gb of ram 64 bit. had computer for 2 years, ran fine first year last year or so have been experiencing myriad of problems. it started with the screen would randomly go to sleep and not wake up, wasnt the cable or screen tried different for both. got really bad, couldnt do anything for about 2 weeks, finally worked again that only happens once in awhile now. now, the computer will entirely shut off, restart back up, and then freeze at log in or shortly after. ill turn off, restart and maybe or maybe not it will turn off. sometimes when it does just the keyboard will freeze, other times the mouse will freeze, other times the sounds will stop working, random shut offs and reboots have happened 7 or 8 plus times in a row. if i leave it on sometimes its good for 72 hours plus, other times it cant go 15 minutes. bsod happens ussually happens once during the succesion of reboots. sometimes it will launch to startup repair, that always freezes. i figured it was power supply connector but just not sure. i completely took it apart and cleaned everything and checked supply/connectors/fans they are all working and dust free. tower is vented. when i did take it apart and clean it initially it was absolutely spot on problem free for a week. went back to shitting up after that, second attempts at cleaning have been unsuccesful. any ideas?

whatwindows

tried running with 1 stick and got no on screen response, just the beeps. 2 beeps every 3 sec or so. power button was flashing orange.

howmany sticks of ram have you(ans 4) (runs ok with 2),so we only have 2 sticks of ram,the time when there was no response when only one stick installed,did you put that stick in the other slot and try,did you run the memtest?

foxidrive

Banned
I just want to agree that testing RAM is the first step.

The single module that wouldn't work is suspect, unless the machine won't work with a different single module.

if the total amount of ram is 8gb this should show in My Computer>properties,does 8gb add up to the total amount stated on the ram sticks,if neither stick works in that particular slot then it will not show the full amount of ram and memtest would be of no use.

whatwindows

it did end up doing the same thing last night with just two sticks. 4 sticks are back in.. the game tonight is the monitor "goes to sleep" now in the middle of usage. only way to get it back is to push button to power off and then back on... did that, now back to home screen and seeing windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown, problem event name is blue screen additional info BCCode 116 also files that would help describe are C:\users\Jordan\Appdata\Local\Temp\WER-59202-0.sysdata.xml can also put a dump file up if that would help

whatwindows

i consistently have a problem with the monitor going to sleep when i play age of empires.. although it wasnt always that way.. the other funky **** such as bsods, random shut downs, keyboard/mouse/sound not working happens when just using comp for general stuff

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online